Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First of the many already begun

I am working on a Scratch Built Eldar VAMPIRE RAIDER in 40K scale (28mm).

For those unfamiliar it is a sleek looking version of a Klingon Bird of Prey.  A bit smaller and carries about 30 troopers into combat at very high speeds. 

I am using modeling plywood (3/16" thick) and adding sheet plastic epoxied on as skin to ease the addition of plastic details and scribed panel lines.

I used an online DYI template as a starting point building a rough using foamcore.  Then upscaling the three view drawings found in "Aronautica Imperialis" so the size of the pilot's canopy was the same size as a canopy of a Falcon Grav-tank I knew I had the templates I needed.  I carefully cut out the shaped and made cardboard (cereal box thickness) templates to be transferred to the plywood and plastic.

I hope to have Pics up soon.

I will hopefully get pics taken and uploaded in a few days so you can take in what I have done so far.

Wings - basic outline and panel lines scribed in

Fuselage - plywood framework

Nose - cut and re-assembled Falcon Grav-Tank

Updates soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment