Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Getting Pushy

Well here is the next step in the engine housings.  I cut Exhaust nozzles from the Falcon kit's lower and center pieces.  I removed them at the forward most point they connect to the falcon hull.

I then removed the exhaust nozzles from some land speeder I had saved from nearly 10 years ago (Pic #1, Row 2, piece 1) when I built speeder for my Rock Badgers Space Marines without them.  I built the speeders as 4-wheeler Jeep-style speeders instead (but that's another story all together)  By themselves they are way too wide to fit inside the Eldar engines so I cut off the outer edges making them only the size of the inner ring (Started in Pic #1, row 2, on the left side of the 3rd piece.  When cleaned up, it fits nicely into the Eldar engine halves in row 3.  They end up looking like the finished pieces in Pic #1 row 1.


I have blu-taced the finished nozzles onto the wooden dowels to show a rough assembly before I add plastic card details.

Next time I will snap some pics of the Workshop and you can get a idea where I am operating from. 
I have at least 3-4 projects in the works at any given time and when the mood strikes I bury myself down there and like to keep working while inspired, so as on thing dries I move onto the next. 

My real limitation is motivation at times and how much charge my Dremel can hold.  I would be lost without it on scratch builds and conversions!

No comments:

Post a Comment